Re: slink_cd: still waiting on final boot/install setup

Steve McIntyre writes:
 > >To create the CD on a i386 machine, you need the isomarkboot program,
 > >I have compiled an i386 version I put on
 > >http://lhpca.univ-lyon1.fr/axp/isomarkboot.gz
 >
 > OK, I've got this. What does it do? And source would be useful - possibly
 > not everybody will be using and i386 box to generate images.

Hi,

isomarkboot modifies the first sector of an iso9660 image to make the CD
bootable by the "SRM console" used on some Alphas (you must also pass as an
argument the bootloader).

isomarkboot is in the Alpha-specific aboot package, so no problem to
generate the CD from Alpha. You can use the source package in the debian
archive to manually compile isomarkboot on others archs. For potato,
we may want to split  aboot to provide an arch-independant isomarkboot
package, (but this is of course not a slink issue).

Loic