Re: slink_cd 1.08

On Fri, 26 Feb 1999, Philip Hands wrote:

>More slightly dodgy messages:
>
>---
>MD5CHECK:
>   binary
>   source
>cat: slink1/doc/package-developer/hello_1.3-14.3.dsc: No such file or
>directory
>cat: slink2/doc/package-developer/hello_1.3-14.3.dsc: No such file or
>directory
>cat: slink3/doc/package-developer/hello_1.3-14.3.dsc: No such file or
>directory
>cat: slink4/doc/package-developer/hello_1.3-14.3.dsc: No such file or
>directory

Don't worry about these - it's a syml0ink into potato that we don't
flatten atm.

>md5sum: can't open hello_1.3.orig.tar.gz
>md5sum: can't open hello_1.3-14.3.diff.gz
>md5sum: MD5 check failed for 'xmayday-doc_1.2.0-1.tar.gz'
>md5sum: can't open dlltools_2.17.orig.tar.gz
>md5sum: can't open lee_1.1.orig.tar.gz
>md5sum: can't open sliphangup_1.4.orig.tar.gz
>md5sum: can't open xinvaders_2.0.orig.tar.gz
>----
>
>This is probably an indication that my mirror isn't quite right for those
>source files --- I'm afraid I've got to go and earn some money now, so
>could someone else have a look, please.

No, these are showing up on my mirror too at the moment. The Packages
files and dsc files for project/{orphaned,experimental} appear to be out
of sync. It won't break the images for installations, as the project stuff
only goes on CD 3.

>Since they are source files, slink1&2 should be fine regardless, so
>hopefully cheapbytes will have someting useful to look at in the next
>hour.

Cool. Great work! Thanks for your effort...

>P.S. Sorry it's taken soooo looong, the mirror update took from
>01:00-09:00 this morning and I had to nurse it all the way, because I was
>killing it and copying files to speed it up, and now I'm knackered and
>have made a few foolish errors (like hitting Ctrl-C instead of Crtl-A D
>to get out of screen, and thus killing the bloody CD run, which I did
>twice :-( and forgetting to install pkg-order, and until I typed this
>forgetting that I don't need to re-run the whole thing from the start if
>I do that sort of thing.  Doh!)
>
>Ah well, time to go and sleep on someone else's time :-)

*grin* I'm a bit stuck there myself; I'm about to hit a hard deadline at
work too...!

--
Steve McIntyre, Allstor Software         smcintyr@allstor-sw.co.uk
"Can't keep my eyes from the circling sky,