checking the CD through the end user

Steve McIntyre <stevem@chiark.greenend.org.uk> writes:

> On Fri, 19 Feb 1999, Martin Schulze wrote:

> >To the list: Please check the packages Santiago mentioned and try to
> >ensure that packages on the first cd doesn't depend on the ones on
> >the second cd.

> Well, I've been running pkg-order on the first CD fairly often, so this
> should not be a problem. I'm looking right now at making slink_cd do this
> step automatically.

additionally it would be nice if the end user can check that the CD is
all right. It may happen that the CD manufacturer has made buggy
CDs. In this case the vendor could ask the buyer to check the CD
himself and/or can do it to test examples of the whole CD charge quick
and reliable. During each step of making and selling a Debian CD it
would be possible to check that everything is all right.

One way to achieve this could be the checking of md5sums. It would be
nice if the checking could be made on "any" operating system.

Bye
  Christian

--
Dipl.-Ing. Christian Leutloff, Aachen, Germany  leutloff@sundancer.oche.de