Re: CD vendor contacts?

On Fri, 19 Feb 1999, Steve McIntyre wrote:

> On Fri, 19 Feb 1999, Jens Ritter wrote:
>
> >Wichert Akkerman <wichert@cs.leidenuniv.nl> writes:
> >
> >> I seem to remember that this list was at one point in time used to
> >> communicate with CD vendors. Can someone tell me if this is still
> >> so?
> >>
> >> (Please Cc me, since this is one of the few Debian-lists I'm not
> >> subscribed to).
> >
> >Uh, well. This list has recently been used for communications on the
> >new slink-cd scripts. I hope that we did not annoy any vendors who
> >have been subscribed to this list.
>
> AFAIK my two best testers, Jim Westveer and Philip Charles, are both CD
> vendors(?). I hope they've been happy to be involved in the slink_cd
> stuff, as it means their needs should be met too. Anybody else?

Thanks for the compliment.  I am glad that I can be involved.  It makes me
feel good that I can do something in the Debian community and I have an
understanding of the scripts which I would not have otherwise.

I am in a better position to supply customers with a product of a high
standard and I feel that I have had a useful input into the shape of the
discs from a vendor's standpoint.  I would have learnt much by just
lurking and I hope other vendors have done so.

I would imagine that most vendors are in this business as a sideline and
do not make much money, and that a good proportion of these would not like
a sharp boundary between the technical and marketing (horrible word) sides
of Debian.  This list is one place where deliberate blurring of the
boundary can take place.

Any other vendors out there?

Phil.