Re: mklist bug?

On Feb 17, Philip Charles wrote:
> Discovered that main takes up 122110k extra on slink1 & slink2 than in the
> mirror.  A total of 2252 packages.  Total space taken on the discs is
> 863206790 bytes.  I have tracked the problem down to mklist.  I was using
> unmodified 1.06.  The same problem occures with 1.04.  I didnt have this
> problem with 0.96 (?) Unfortunately I dont have any versions before 1.04.
> Investigating further.

If you are using the symlink farm method, symlinks will be converted
to files on the disc; my guess is that the binary-all hierarchy is
full of duplicate files from binary-ARCH.

The Packages.cd files will also add a lot to the archive... not enough
to account for 122MB, but still a lot (say around 5-10).

Chris
|        Chris Lawrence        |             The Linux/m68k FAQ             |
|   <quango@watervalley.net>   |   http://www.linux-m68k.org/faq/faq.html   |
|     Amiga A4000/060 with     |     This address has been spam-proofed     |
|      Linux/m68k 2.1.127      |      All spam goes to your postmaster      |