Re: Slink release - what's left?

Chris Lawrence wrote:
> > Where are we up to on non-i386 boot/installation? If we're going to
> > release together, which I assume is still the plan, then we need to get
> > this sorted _soon_. I know someone (Eric? Stephane?) is working on the
> > sparc disks and I have some support for them now. I've seen work ongoing
> > on the m68k disks, too. I've not seen much for Alpha yet, but that may be
> > my fault.
>
> The m68k disks are close; we're very close to having the VME system
> bootable and 2.0.36 kernels being used.

Everything required for Amiga/Atari/Mac/VME support is in the current
2.1.6 boot floppies for m68k (which are waiting to be installed, in
Incoming).

> As far as the CD goes, making CD#1 bootable on BVME m68k machines
> requires the boot image (at least the El Torito format one) to be the
> bvme6000 rescue disk.  I've added a small hack to slink_cd to add the
> necessary parameters for CD#1, but perhaps it would be better to have
> env. variables like MKISOFS_OPTS_DISC[1-5] so each disc can have
> custom options on the mkhybrid/mkisofs command line.  In theory Amigas
> could also be bootable off the CD using Amiga LILO (I think Amigas
> boot off CD using something different than El Torito), but that would
> really be a potato addition.

I'd say bootable CD on Amiga and Mac is a wishlist item, and depends
on
people implementing it. We have some Amiga people on the m68k team,
but
we'll need Mac people (come the potato release, I'm no longer going to
be
around for Mac support).

	Michael