Re: issues with documentation on slink cd

In message <[🔎] Pine.LNX.3.95.990211074250.323L-100000@hammer.mossbank.org.uk> you wrote:
>Weird - most of these were mentioned by Wichert separately yesterday...

Huh.  I don't read debian-cd, only debian-boot.

>On Wed, 10 Feb 1999, Adam Di Carlo wrote:
>>No notation for CD version (date burned, slink-cd version)
>
>The burn date (or rather, image creation date is in the .disk/info file,
>and as of slink_cd v1.06 this is also in <root>/README.1ST along with
>information on how to boot the installation system. I can add a slink_cd
>version trivially to this, good idea.

I think it would be a good idea.  Let me know where it goes so I can
mention it as part of bug reporting procedures.

>>Installation documentation should have links from doc
>
>Hmmm. The root directory is starting to look crowded then, maybe just a
>pointer to it in README.1ST?

I'm not saying put it in the root directory.  I'm saying that you have
the /doc area, and you have the Installation Manual, which is in
the /install area.  The Installation Manual, I was proposing, and it's
not a big deal, should have symlinks from /doc .  Maybe having a
symlink dir, /doc/install -> ../install would be better?

>>Different architectures have different *fdisk*.txt files.
>
>Yes? Don't they also have different fdisk programs?

Exactly.  You are safe if you copy *.html and *.txt.