Re: dpkg_multicd_0.13 and boot-disks 2.1.6 still broken..

    >> Wrong Disk.  I need "Debian GNU/Linux slink" but I found
    >> "Debian GNU/Linux slink (2.1) 1/5 main binary section 1
    >> SAM1990130 Please change the disks and press enter
    >>
    >> ...hummmm...  me thinks we be calling the same things by
    >> different names ;-)

    Steve> Hello? Could this be something to do with the dpkg-multicd
    Steve> patch that Kenneth MacDonald <kenny@holyrood.ed.ac.uk> sent
    Steve> in?

It sounds like there's another place the method is stripping off all
but the first three words of the cd name.  Yes, replace
/usr/lib/dpkg/methods/multicd/install:225
		$need = join(" ", (split)[0 .. 2]);
with
		$need = $_ ;

And that should get rid of the problem.  I haven't tested this, but it
looks like that's where it stripped the volume name down.

Kenny.

--
ADML Support, EUCS, The University of Edinburgh.