Installing slink this week ;-( problem discovered ??

What a difference a day makes...

Today I made another set of slink binaries, and
discovered perhaps why multi-cd installs are not
working.

As of now, the 2.1.5-1999-01-21 boot disks are used
when you make a slink cd set with slink_cd-1.04

Also, there is a new dpkg-multicd 0.12, I believe it
wants to use the /dev/loop? devices..and..no /dev/loop?
devices are created by the 2.1.5-1999-01-21 boot disks,
so a multi-cd installation fails. (standard cd
installation works fine)

You would probably only see this on new installations,
as the existing 2.0 installation would already have
the /dev/loop? devices generated and would not see
the error "could not find device /dev/loop#" during a
multi-cd install.

It still don't work.....but at least I know why ;-)

Jim Westveer <jwest@netnw.com>
So far, no one has been killed in a computer crash.
Jim Westveer ------------- jwest@netnw.com
phone -------------------- 425-392-0141
http://www.netnw.com
http://www.linuxcd.com/gif/box-debian.gif