Re: Potato CDs

On Thu, Dec 02, 1999 at 09:02:39AM +0000, Philip Charles wrote:
> I burnt the first slink CD after building the tree with debian-cd (yacs).
> 	The main problem was with perl, however it did find its way onto
> the first CD.
>
> I then did a trial install.  Two problems were encounted.
> 1.  No preselected systems - I notice that boot-disks in cvs hasn't any
> either.
> 2.  dselect fell over because of perl problems.
>
> Are other people encountering perl problems, or is it just me?

I have the same problem with my powerpc builds.  I had to remove dpkg-perl
to get things to run (and the install worked fine after that).

> Anyone got any idea when the preselected systems/tasks are likely to be
> added to the boot-disks?

It's being worked on...a first cut is checked into CVS.  Unfortunately, the
number of task packages available is not sufficient for it to be useful yet,
and no "profile" tasks packages have been made so someone can just select
a "Home Computer" profile or something like that.

It's a good start, though.

--
Matt Porter
mmporter@home.com