Re: Thoughts on potato etc.

Hi Jim,

I fell off of the face of the earth for a while, for a number of reasons.

Before doing so I did buy a cdrom burner, and I really want to use it.

My interest in debian started w/ http://www.trinux.org, which if you dont know,
is a truly brilliant micro linux.

But now a more important issue has come up.  Our linux groups in NY are
starting to go deeply into GNU politics, far more complicated than anyone can
imagine when you consider global patenting.

Our perl mongers (club) are starting to see dollar signs and I feel happiness
lies somewhere between the two.  The NYC educators are also starting to look
our direction and I am about to sign on w/ a company that thinks my linux/perl
work is a good thing even though they may never use either.

My guess is that you only have to burn one disk and give it to
http://www.cheapbytes.com, maybe a demo disk like SuSE provides.  I was shocked
to find that their disk was not a live cd, I would very much like to see a live
deb one available for $1.99  Would that first release reduce testing needs,
being just a few packages and the x86 release?

Either way, my plan is to make debian a nyc staple.  I would also like to
integrate SuSE written XFree86 drivers especially the ones for the super cheap
SiS or VIA single board computers (http://www.tigerdirect.com)

=====
John van Vlaanderen