Re: YACS -> debian-cd ?

On Mon, 11 Oct 1999, Johnie Ingram wrote:

> "Raphael" == Raphael Hertzog <rhertzog@hrnet.fr> writes:
>
> Raphael> BTW, I plan to update YACS as soon as the new boot disk have
> Raphael> been uploaded. For i386 at least we'll have a 2.88 Mb boot
> Raphael> image ...
>
> Wasn't that tried before, only to find that very little hardware
> actually supported this?

That's what you get for remembering my stupid questions instead of the
resulting answers ;-)

I did up a 2.88 meg floppy image (with lots of help from the developers
about picking nits) and found that a proper 2.88 meg image is just as
bootable from CD as the 1.44. That is, if the 1.44 image would boot,
the 2.88 would as well. I was even able to add all the modules to the
root.bin portion and create a kernel zImage, that will even boot on most
laptops. I put this idea on hold because I couldn't figure out how to get
initrd to work, as advertised in the Howto files. I have some interest in
going back to that problem, but other priorities continue to intrude.

Luck,

Dwarf