Re: The Pesudo-Image Kit v1.0

On Thu, 26 Aug 1999, Philip Hands wrote:

> "J.A. Bezemer" <costar@panic.et.tudelft.nl> writes:
>
> > Phil (Hands), could you generate .list files for the 2.1r2 images on
> > cdimage.d.o?  I'd suggest you place them (unzipped, Win users don't have
> > gzip ;-) in the same dir as the image files; same name, extension .list.
> > This should be nice testing material.
>
> Done.

Thanks!  Yesterday I did a test run with 2.1r2 i386 Bin-1, and everything went
well, except that the directory upgrade-older-i386/source/ is not present on
any FTP server. Were does debian-cd/yacs get it from? Is this a problem for
anyone that wants to use debian-cd/yacs him/herself from a private FTP mirror?

Results (block size 8192):
 rsync updating i386 Bin-1 2.1r0 -> 2.1r2  => speedup 13.1
 rsync updating pseudo-image -> 2.1r2  => speedup 17.9 but this is without
   upgrade-older-i386/source. If that dir had been present, speedup would be
   >100.

Regards,
  Anne Bezemer