Re: YACS & boot problem

The syslinux package includes some floppy images. Looking at the source
will give people some clues as to how it's done. What I usually do is take
a copy of a "stock" empty floppy image and use a loop mount to modify it.
That's how I created floppy images with newer syslinux code as part of the
CD image generation process. The techniques are basically the same whether
creating minix, ext2, dos, etc. file systems.

If I actually owned a 2.88 floppy drive I would simply create the floppy
and test it, then use the dd command to make a floppy image file from it.

+ Paul Wade                         Greenbush Technologies Corporation +
+ mailto:paulwade@greenbush.com              http://www.greenbush.com/ +