Re: maintainer of CD images

[ copied to debian-devel so we might get some discussion/explanation there ]

On Fri, 30 Apr 1999, Branden Robinson wrote:

>On Fri, Apr 30, 1999 at 12:23:21PM +0100, Steve McIntyre wrote:
>> There are only very minor changes that have been made from 2.1r0 to 2.1r2;
>> there are bigger changes planned for 2.1r3 and there will be updated CD
>> images to go with that...
>
>Gack!  I didn't even know we'd done r1 yet!  Where are these things
>announced?

Good question. I'm in the same situation, and considering I'm the one
responsible for most of the CD images, I was quite surprised to get the
email I'm replying to here.

>Can someone make announcements about this to -announce or -devel-announce?
>Or -private?  I subscribe to lots of Debian lists and this is the first
>I've heard of it.  I only skim -user so it's pure luck that I saw *this*
>message.

Exactly. In the past there have always been announcements made of point
releases...

--
Steve McIntyre, CURS CCE, Cambridge, UK.         stevem@chiark.greenend.org.uk
home page</a>                          Cthulhu - Why vote for the Lesser Evil?