Re: Non-free/non-US on CD

On Fri, 19 Mar 1999, David Gaudine wrote:

> >NOTE1: At this time, I want to upload the CD image only to sites that will
> >       make it publicly accessible,
>
> I won't provide an open mirror, because of bandwidth and because
> I'm not sure of the legalities, but I might be able to make it
> available to, say, 5 other people in Canada.  Is that OK with you?
> I don't want to advertise, so basically if you let me have the image
> I'll send it to the first 5 Canadians who respond to this message.
> I have no idea if I'm likely to get 5 responses.
> However, I do have to check with my network people first.
> I have the space and the bandwidth, but I'm not sure about the
> internal politics; that's enough data to be noticed.
> Also I would only make it available to one person at a time,
> I already had two hard disks fail this week so I'm a bit
> sensitive to the sound of a thrashing disk.

The network here is fastest between about 20:00-10:00 CET, and I'll upload
to only one mirror at a time. I'll see what comes up, and I'll pick the
most-offering mirror around 20:00 tonight; the FTP will continue while I get
some sleep ;-)

So, if there's no one else, you'll be the first. If everything is fine with
your network people, send me (privately) all info I need to get it going.

Regards,
  Anne Bezemer