Re: Slink CDimages

----- Original Message -----
From: Joerg Friedrich <Joerg.Dieter.Friedrich@uni-konstanz.de>

> can you tell me the esimated amount of diskspace s slink mirror with
> i386-binary non-free, non-us, and source would need? And how can I do
> this?

Install the "mirror" packages and read the documentation.
That didn't work for me, but maybe it will work for you.
I'm more or less kidding, I did run a successful mirror once,
but deleted it last year because of disk space.  I'm trying
again today.  A couple of snags.  First, the "Quick Start Guide"
says to edit "mirror.defaults" and change "hostname",
"local_dir", "remote_password", and "mail_to".  None of those
things are in my "mirror.defaults" at all.  I suppose I should
read the full documentation.  However, editing
/etc/mirror/packages/ftp.debian.org is probably good enough.
My other snag is, I told it to exclude "hamm", so it promptly
tried to mirror "hamm-proposed-updates".  I never could
get it to mirror exactly what I want, that's another reason
I gave up on my previous mirror.  Would anyone care to post
a working mirror file that mirrors just what we need to
make i386 slink CD images?  For those of us who want
to make CD images without actually learning from the experience.