RE: slink_cd-1.07 --- revisited....

On Thu, 25 Feb 1999, Brandon Mitchell wrote:

>> <sigh> It looks like I'll have to add another Packages step to slink_cd
>> now. This stuff is taking longer and longer... Maybe I'll be able to work
>> with timestamps - only generate the new Packages file if there are newer
>> files in the mirror. Hmmm, that could work.
>
>find makes this easy I think.  Something like:
>if [ find $MIRROR -newer $MIRROR/Packages >/dev/null ]; then
>  dpkg-scanpackages $options
>fi

OK, mklist now checks for any newer files in
$MIRROR/dists/slink/main/binary-ARCH and will warn the user a lot if it
finds any, then create a new Packages file to use for the copying stage.
Problem solved, apart from the md5sums. But I see _no_ way of fixing that
if the mirror is bust...!

1.08 will be released tonight, hopefully with working i386/sparc/m68k
support. I now know the alpha people are working on boot-floppies; I want
to get the others finished ASAP. 1.09 (hopefully tomorrow) should not
affect anybody else...

I'm playing with Chris Lawrence's python script for m68k disks right now;
hopefully all should work there.

--
Steve McIntyre, Allstor Software         smcintyr@allstor-sw.co.uk
Also available from steve_mcintyre@geocities.com