symlink farm

Idiot report #6,

Being trying to use the symlink farm.  Results horrible.

All source on one partition, binaries on another.  If I use the hard link
hack on each partiton the results are what one would expect, nice slink1,
(binary only), slink3 and slink4 (source only) the others a mess.  I
mention this to show that the hard link hack basically works for me.

With the symlink farm there I experience widespread failures.  Symlinks
are not created.  There are error messages to this effect.  I have checked
for a permissions problem.

Summary.

Slink1:- no upgrade, no install, no boot disk image.
Slink2:- no contrib, binary or source. Same with non-US.
Slink3, slink4.  No main source.
Slink5:- no non-free binaries.

However, ./tmp-mirror looks good.

Does any one else have this problem?

I have been away for a few days so I have not had time to try and track
down what is happening.

Phil.

Philip Charles; 39a Paterson St., Abbotsford, New Zealand; +64 3 4882818
For Debian GNU/Linux CDs see http://crash.ihug.co.nz/~philipc