Re: dselect tutorial

On 17 Jan 1999 14:48:14 -0500, Bob Hilliard <hilliard@flinet.com> said:

>      Where can I find a copy of this document?

http://www.debian.org/~aph/boot-floppies/source/dselect-beginner.sgml

All sources for boot-floppies manuals are there.  Feel free to steal
it.  If you improve it, great, please send me patches.

>      I decided I didn't know enough about dselect to write a
> tutorial.  Instead I wrote a short note to include in the
> README-upgrade.  That README is directed to the libc5/libc6 upgrade.

Webmaster, I need a well-known location for these upgrade notes, so I
can reference them from the Install Manual.  Is there such a URL?
What is it?

>      Robert Woodcock <rcw@debian.org> was preparing to write
> Release-Notes for the CD.  I sent him a copy of my README-upgrade,
> which had grown beyond its intended scope.  We decided to cut the
> README back to its original scope, and put the other information,
> including the dselect notes, in the Release_Notes.  I reluctantly
> agreed to take over the Release_Notes.  A copy of Release_Notes and
> README_upgrade will be in my home directory, ~/hilliard on master
> within a few hours.

I think you mean ~hilliard ?  Maybe you could put it in
~hilliard/public_html?  Please announce it to debian-boot and
debian-testing at least when you upload that, ok?

I think it might be easier for all of us if you could package the
stuff -- README_upgrade, Release_Notes, and even 'autoup.sh' (are you
maintaining that or connected with those who are?).  If it's packaged
I think we can all deal with it more easily.  Even if it's just those
two documentation files.  You can use 'ByHand' entries and make sure
they make it into the 'docs/' area.

As I mentioned above, I also need a stable URL to reference this
material as well.  Packaging would help.