Re: slink_cd 0.96

Report #3

On Fri, 1 Jan 1999, Steve McIntyre wrote:

> On Thu, 31 Dec 1998, Philip Charles wrote:
>
> >Idiot tester report #2,
> >
> >	Trying hard to make every possible mistake.
> >
> >"MIRROR=home/ftp/debian" needs to be included in arch and the example.
> >Successfully fell into that trap.
>
> OK...
>
> >Mannaged to get all binaries onto first two disks, plus extras, without
> >hacking slink_cd.
>
> Great.
>
> >The rest of the set is a shambles of course.
>
> Really? In what way?

Drunk in charge of a pentium.  Disabled the slink(3,4,5).lists (etc).
main source is on a separate partition and I am waiting for hamm to go
so I can transfer it rather than hacking at this stage.

> >Slink1 burnt 1998/1999 and the package lists seemed OK.
> >
> >The preselected systems under dselect are not working well for me at the
> >moment.

Now got the 2.1.4 disks and corrected the symlink.  Being an idiot tester
I burnt a CD before I discovered the symlink problem in my archive.
CD-RWs have saved me $$$.

> ??? I had a quick look at those and all seemed well when I checked.
> Although if the user is going to select some of the development options
> then CD #2 is going to be _required_ - there just isn't space to get all
> of it on CD #1 any more.

Only the index of install.html seems to be making it to the CDROM.

Will try the various preselected systems and see how they go.  I can free
up some HDD space for that.  Much more fun than preparing a sermon.

Phil.

Philip Charles; 39a Paterson St., Abbotsford, New Zealand; +64 3 4882818
For Debian GNU/Linux CDs see http://crash.ihug.co.nz/~philipc