RE: - slink_cd 0.96 -

Wednesday, December 30, 1998 6:55 PM,  Steve McIntyre wrote:

> Subject: slink_cd 0.96
>
> Is now up in the usual place:
> A few changes, mainly to cope with changes in the archive:

I have run 0.96 a couple of times now, and it appears that it only
builds Disk 1&2 (sometimes 3).  When I look in the /tmp/ at the packages
files....the packages 3 4 &5 are empty ;-(  Any thoughts???

> the new 2.1.4 i386 bootdisks are due - no need for the tecra floppy any
> more

This would be goodness...I did build a complete set of disks (1-5) with
0.95, and installed a new system this week with it.  All WORKED!  Only
comment is that although multi-cd works....it is not for the first time
user.  I think that a newbie may have a hard time with it.

> now runs sed "s/ARCH/$ARCH" against all the config files, so it's easier
> to produce different architecture CD sets in one run.

Have not tried this yet..but the script looks good!

Ciao,
Jim Westveer

 I'm so broke, I can't even pay attention.
Jim Westveer ------------- jwest@netnw.com
phone -------------------- 425-392-0141
http://www.netnw.com