Re: FW: X - Slinkcd 0.93

On Mon, 21 Dec 1998, Jim Westveer wrote:

>I built the i386 set, burned a test of disk#1, and
>with the exceptions of all the bugs (not yours), the
>images seem ok!

Woo!

>Only comment is that my non-US is NOT under the debian
>mirror directory, I keep it at the same level, so I
>only had a small change to your script :-)
>-things be getting better-

OK. The stuff there is only to set defaults now - if you use the hack
listed in the comments (setting environment variables) things should now
hopefully work without changes for most options...

>----------
>I also stepped through slink_cd-0.93 building m68k.
>
>All went well up to the point of building the boot
>image.  M68k's /current/ directory has a different
>structure than i386.  /current/ has amega, atari,
>common, and mac directories.

Yes, I noticed.

>I have no answer about which one to load, I imagine
>the m68k could do without booting from the CD.
>(i am sure there are other opinions)

:-) Of course, we're a herd of cats as Bruce(?) so eloquently put.

>Any-hooww... perhaps if m68k, then no boot selection
>for mkisofs, or just a text file, saying "boot goes here".
>
>I will try the Alpha next...

Cool. Let me know...

--
Steve McIntyre, CURS CCE, Cambridge, UK.         stevem@chiark.greenend.org.uk
I sent ten dollars to death.net and all I got was... well, nothing.