Re: Debian slink CD images

Hi,

> But the dselect multicd method works very well with multiple CDs; in fact,
> I installed a new system that way on a friend's machine on Saturday and
> had no real problems with it. Have you tried it?

no, not yet...

But we tried (you can look into the archives for that) to make a Debian CD
standard and to implement a new debian-cd script which should be much better
than the old one...

But now the apt team told me that they don't like the standards we worked on
in this list and which everyone liked who was interested in them...

And if apt doesn't support them it's not important to do such a thing...

And I'll not implement a new debian-cd if we don't have a definitive
standard...

I only implement our local scripts for generating debian-cd's ... And I
haven't seen a working slink or sid cd-rom yet... as soon as I see such a
thing I'll implement a local script. But I'll not release it to the public
because nobody is interested in these things...

I really thought that the debian team is better organised and I thought
about to become a debian developer...

But debian seems to be bad organised at the moment. Maybe a new project
leader will change that... But at the moment it's impossible for me to know
who agrees to my standard and who doesn't like it...

but I'll work for the debian team again after they tell me who has to agree
to a standard so it would be supported in apt and deselect...

Then I would be happy to write the next debian-cd versions...

cu
 gerhard