Re: Slink CDs - boot floopy images?

On Tue, 1 Dec 1998, Marcelo E. Magallon wrote:

>On Tue, Dec 01, 1998 at 12:17:11PM +0000, Steve McIntyre wrote:
>
>> >You forgot one very important step for your CD creation step:
>> >
>> >- check all md5sums/signatures for all packages and generate
>> >  packages.md5sum (or similar name) file for reference.
>>
>> True, but I've already got a cron job running on my local mirror anyway
>> which checks the md5sums, and I'm currently checking this output before
>> even starting with the CD generation scripts.
>
> Yes, but it's useful to have the md5sums on the cd, to check that the files
> are not damaged by the cd creation process (think Infomagic)

Won't the Packages files do for that? On the CDs I'm looking to make,
there will already be the standard Packages files as copied from the
archive _and_ the new Packages.cd files for multicd, both of which have
md5sums...

--
Steve McIntyre, CURS CCE, Cambridge, UK.         stevem@chiark.greenend.org.uk
"It's actually quite entertaining to watch ag129 prop his foot up on