Re: Slink CDs - boot floopy images?

On Tue, 1 Dec 1998, Brederlow wrote:

>Steve McIntyre <stevem@chiark.greenend.org.uk> writes:
>
>> I'm just at the point now of creating proper Slink CD images. I've got a
>> script to create the images for burning:
>>
>> create trees
>> flatten the old sym-links to older hamm stuff
>> generate the new Packages.cd files to be used by the dselect multi-cd
>>       method
>> set up the tools and bootable images on the appropriate CDs
>> create ISO images
>
>You forgot one very important step for your CD creation step:
>
>- check all md5sums/signatures for all packages and generate
>  packages.md5sum (or similar name) file for reference.

True, but I've already got a cron job running on my local mirror anyway
which checks the md5sums, and I'm currently checking this output before
even starting with the CD generation scripts.

>This would mean that all packages are unpacked, which takes some time

??? Why?

>(better make it an option that defaults to on), but its better to
>waste time then to burn a CD with broken packages.

Of course...

I've also updated the script to add some extras to fill some of the spare
space, such as the latest Netscape and the latest kernel unstable and
stable trees. I'll tidy things up and get a new version of the script
uploaded tonight.

--
Steve McIntyre, Allstor Software         smcintyr@allstor-sw.co.uk
"Can't keep my eyes from the circling sky,