Re: Debian slink CD images

On Mon, 14 Dec 1998, Gerhard Poul wrote:

> Hi,
>
> > Then you should make another standard that does have this as it's purpose.
> > The structure and content of the cd's is WAY more important than any index
> > file.
>
> Please tell me why this is so important for apt to know why the files are on
> which cd's...

Well, to get a proper installation with minimal disc swaps it is best to
have certain conditions met. Check the debian-devel archives for a
discussion on this (long time ago).

Besides, this standard is not for APT, it is for you people who are making
CD's, as long as you follow the basic rules I've already outlined you are
free to do most whatever you like.

If you must make a standard then content and structure is the thing to
standardize.

Jason