[job #15092] debian 3.0r1

Since Debian has blown up in size so much the chance is unfortunately nil. We looked at creating a Debian 3.0r1 Update CD (with some automation inside) but even this task is problematic because this business is less familiar with the Debian architecture.

We were looking for a real simple efficient and if possible automated way to have Debian 3.0r1 installed using a Debian 3.0r0 CD set with 3.0r1 Update CD. We could not come up with one. In comparison in Gentoo's case:

mv /mnt/cdrom/* /usr/portage/distfiles
emerge -u world

would do the job.

Our Debian customers rely on us because they mostly have download limits or use dial-up to gain access to Debian. It is simply uneconomical to download 7 isos for 11 architectures every time Debian does a new release.

If a Debian guru can come up with a way to create a

Debian 3.0r0 -> 3.0r1 Update CD

then we are most happy to supply this disc to our Debian customers.

Marcel

###< Job Log >###
Arrived: 2003-01-08 20:40:55 / sales - owner MK
Article: 37737 - debian 3.0r1 (2003-01-08 20:40:55)
hi
any chance you guys will be selling full sets of debian 3.0r1 pressed or
burnt?

also any chance of getting gnome2 for woody of you guys?

--
with kind regards,
  Christian chakkerz Unger

- < - > - < - > - < - > - < - > - < - > - < - > - < - > - < - > - < - > -
  http://naiv.sourceforge.net - Not Another Image Viewer

    If you would like to contribute,
    - in code
    - in testing
    - by helping with the website
    - or in any other way
    contact me on:       chakkerz_dev@optusnet.com.au

 "you don't need eyes to see, you need vision"
                                                    (Faithless - Reverence)

###< End Job Log >###