Re: jigdo woody pre8 problem

Hi,

I just joined this mailing list. I had the same
problem when downloading the 1st 3 Woody CDs. I tried
various sites, jigdo-easy2win always downloaded the
only missing file Contents-i386.gz (The downloading
was successful. It reported: 'Contents-i386.gz'
saved.), then it told that not all files were
downloaded. When restarted, the above process repeated
again and again.

It seems there is a problem with the downloading
program.

Did anyone successfully download the Woody CD images
using jigdo-easy2win recently?

Thanks a lot for your help, and have a nice weekend!
qrobertfu

////////////////////////////+++++++++++++++++++++

On Tue, Jun 04, 2002 at 09:25:11PM -0000, Iain D
Broadfoot(ibroadfo) wrote:
> I can't seem to get the Contents.gz file for the
Binary-1 nonUS disk.

> wget seems to download it fine, but the system then
doesn't add/find
> it to the image, and i get kicked back to the 'oopsy
- couldn't get
> all files' screen.
>
> i've tried on a few ( lots of ) servers and the same
thing happens
> on them all.
>
> i've also tried rm'ing the jigdo and template files,
forcing them to
> get gotten from the servers again, with the same
result.

It sounds like you're using jigdo-easy2win under
Windows.
Unfortunately, that doesn't support the fallback
mechanism that
jigdo-lite supports... you have to enter the fallback
server manually:

Debian:  http://cdimage.debian.org/2.2r6-snapshot/
Non-US:
http://cdimage.debian.org/2.2r6-snapshot/non-US/