Re: jigdo-easy threw a firewall ?

Hi Mickaël,

On Fri, Jun 07, 2002 at 03:52:14PM +0200, Mickaël Canévet wrote:
> I would like to create a woody dvd, but I'm behind a firewall and
> jigdo easy doesn't find cdimage.debian.org.
>
> lynx works well with the variable http_proxy set.

jigdo-lite/jigdo-easy (or more accurately, wget which is called by it)
also supports that variable. Depending on which Debian server you
choose, you may also need to set ftp_proxy.

I don't know why it failed to get through to cdimage. :-/

> Is there any way to have jigdo-easy working with my configuration ?

As written on <http://www.debian.org/CD/jigdo-cd/> in BIG FAT letters
;-) it is currently impossible to download DVD images under Windows.
You *have* to use Linux...

(The reason is that jigdo-file.exe breaks with files bigger than 4 GB.
This will not be fixed anytime soon, unless somebody helps me.)

> Or is there any mirror with a full dvd iso, not only the jigdo file
> ?

No, sorry - these files are simply far too big to be distributed
"conventionally".

Cheers,

  Richard

--