Re: Update 2.2r3 images via rsync?

On Thu, 8 Nov 2001, jason andrade wrote:

> the other point is that PIK2 relieves some load (cpu and network) on
> the debian-cd master, since you don't need to fetch all the packages
> from it - you pick your local mirror instead.

Well, the cpu savings are probably not much (it still needs an rsync after
building the pseudo-image), but it saves alot of bandwidth on the master
server.

> this can be significant even at the mirror level (there are probably
> 20 ? 50 ? debian cd mirrors worldwide) let alone the end user/vendor
> people hitting debian-cd.

Yeah, that is why I chose this update to try it out.

Well, I made the mistake to run the debcdmirror script without checking
good how it would handle stuff, right now I do not have many images
around. And at the speed I'm building images, it will probably be a couple
of days before our mirror is up to date. :/

Hopefully things will be faster after the backups and main debian syncs
are done. (Yes, it is our server that is slow.)

/Mattias Wadenstein