Re: FTBFS on kfreebsd-* due to test-suite failures

On 2 Jul 2019, at 20:15, Michael Biebl <biebl@debian.org> wrote:

> Hi James
>
> Am 02.07.19 um 20:55 schrieb James Clarke:
>> Control: reopen -1

>>> Since there was not a single response from the kfreebsd porters on this
>>> issue, I don't think it's useful to keep this bug report open any longer.
>>
>> It's still a bug that exists and thus should remain open until it is fixed or
>> kFreeBSD no longer exists. I just have more important issues to fix on kFreeBSD
>> right now.
>
> Don't you think 4 years is long enough to wait?

Even if it were 100 years that wouldn't make the bug suddenly go away on its
own. The bug was filed post-Jessie at a time when attention to the port was
decreasing, and I was not a member of the team for most of that period. I do
want to fix the bug, but nocheck builds do work in practice and I keep finding
other things to fix.

> I'm not sure even if that bug still applies today.

Yes, it still does[1,2]. Down to FAIL:  10 (7 in experimental), but still
non-zero.

James

[1] https://buildd.debian.org/status/package.php?p=rsyslog&suite=sid
[2] https://buildd.debian.org/status/package.php?p=rsyslog&suite=experimental