Initscript dependency on mount

Hi!

Today, in attemt to clean-up debianization of sysvinit, I discovered,
that dependency on bin:mount for initscripts is generated in quite
unusual way with `debian/deps-mount' script.

It generates versioned dependency on bin:mount (which is satisfied even
by o-o-stable), but only on some of architectures:

	case "$DEB_BUILD_GNU_TYPE" in
	  *-linux|*-linux-gnu|*-linux-gnulp)

I seek advice from previous maintainers and developers of hurd and bsd
ports, why this is so, and whether replacing it with

	mount [linux-any]

would break things? And, by the way, what provides mount(8) on non-linux
ports?