Re: Arch qualification for buster: call for DSA, Security, toolchain concerns

On Fri, 2018-06-29 at 11:44 +0100, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:
[...]
> On Fri, Jun 29, 2018 at 10:35 AM, Adam D. Barratt
> <adam@adam-barratt.org.uk> wrote:
>
> > >  what is the reason why that package is not moving forward?
> >
> > I assume you're referring to the dpkg upload that's in proposed-
> > updates
> > waiting for the point release in two weeks time?
>
>  i don't know: i'm an outsider who doesn't have the information in
> short-term memory, which is why i cc'd the debian-riscv team as they
> have current facts and knowledge foremost in their minds.  which is
> why i included them.

It would have been wiser to do so *before* stating that nothing was
happening as if it were a fact.

> > I'm also getting very tired of the repeated vilification of SRM
> > over
> > this, and if there were any doubt can assure you that it is not
> > increasing at least my inclination to spend my already limited free
> > time on Debian activity.
>
>  ah.  so what you're saying is, you could really do with some extra
> help?

I don't think that's ever been in dispute for basically any core team
in Debian.

That doesn't change the fact that the atmosphere around the change in
question has made me feel very uncomfortable and unenthused about SRM
work. (I realise that this is somewhat of a self-feeding energy
monster.)

Regards,

Adam