dup3 and pipe2 syscalls on kfreebsd

Hi kFreeBSD porters,

While working on Qt packaging, I noticed that it's currently impossible to
use dup3 and pipe2 system calls on kFreeBSD. The linker outputs the following:

  cloexec.o: In function `main':
  cloexec.cpp:(.text.startup+0x2e): warning: dup3 is not implemented and will always fail
  cloexec.cpp:(.text.startup+0xd): warning: pipe2 is not implemented and will always fail

I have two questions about this issue:

1) It looks like upstream FreeBSD supports this since version 10.0.
   Why does it not work in Debian?

2) If it's not easy to get them working, why should the linker accept the
   code using them at all? I.e. why is it a warning, not an error?

   (Yes, I know about --fatal-warnings, but Thiago raised some valid points
   why it is not acceptable in Qt case [1]).

[1]: https://codereview.qt-project.org/163214

Thanks in advance,

(please CC me in reply if possible)

--