Re: bwn0 interface

Hi Steven Chamberlain,

> Herbert Fortes wrote:
>> bwn_v4_lp_ucode15: could not load firmware image, error 2
>>
>> bwn0: the fw file(bw_v4_lp_ucode15) not found
>
> You may need this non-free package installed for the microcode:
> https://packages.debian.org/jessie/firmware-brcm80211

The package does not list 4312.

> Then to test it, try something like:
>
> # modprobe if_bwn
> # ifconfig wlan0 create wlandev bwn0 mode 11g
> # ifconfig wlan0 up scan

scan returns nothing. Even an error message. But
'ifconfig' shows bwn0 and wlan0.

I tried to 'ifup' and to configure by command line 'country',
'channel', 'ssid' and 'pass' without success. Without
an error message.

Thanks for your help. I really appreciate that. :)

Happy New Year.

Regards,
Herbert