Re: Problems instaling kFreeBSD in amd64 VM

Hello Rich

I have already installed kFreeBSD on a VM, but using VirtualBox.
I am using VirtualBox both on desktop and on servers.
If you need, the MATE Desktop Environment is fully working on kFreeBSD.

As for installing kFreeBSD, I have a couple of upgraded installations from 7.x to 8.x
I should try with an 8.x installer and see what happens.

You can download these ISO:

Debian 8.4 Installer RC3
http://cdimage.debian.org/mirror/cdimage/archive/jessie_di_rc3/kfreebsd-amd64/iso-cd/

Debian 8.4 Installer from last Jenkins build
http://jenkins.kfreebsd.eu/jenkins/job/debian-installer_jessie-kfreebsd/ws/

Debian 7.11 Installer then apt-get upgrade to 8.x
http://cdimage.debian.org/mirror/cdimage/archive/latest-oldstable/kfreebsd-amd64/iso-cd/
(for apt-get upgrade you'll need an up to date apt/sources.list)

I will also have a try with these iso and do an install from scratch, to test what happens.

Best regards
Gianluca Bonetti

Hi.  I'm trying to install Debian GNU/kFreeBSD in an amd64 VM (Xen domU).  This VM will function as a server, so I don't care about a GUI, and I assume it shouldn't matter if I install a system based on Jessie or Wheezy.

I tried installing over the Internet using the mini.iso image, but the installation failed with lots of errors saying that various presumably critical packages could not be found.  My high-speed Internet connection is solidly reliable as far as I'm aware, so I'm confused as to why I would be getting errors like this during installation.

Is there a complete CD or DVD image which I can download and use for installation?  If so, I'd be grateful for the link to whatever image I should use.
--
Rich Wales
richw@richw.org