Re: About the userland API for ACL, xattr, extattr

Hi again,

Perhaps this is what you meant:  https://sources.debian.net/src/acl/

>   # touch testfile
>   # setfacl -m u:nobody:w testfile
>   setfacl: testfile: Function not implemented

Thanks for that.  Running the above under ktrace(1), I can see that no
ACL-related syscall is happening.  ENOSYS is coming from either libacl
or from a stub (unimplemented) function in libc.  It is almost certainly
the latter, because I don't see anything in libacl itself that would
return ENOSYS:
https://codesearch.debian.net/results/package%3Aacl%20ENOSYS

Steven Chamberlain
steven@pyro.eu.org