Re: kernel on buildd (Re: [Glibc-bsd-commits] r5714 - trunk/glibc-ports/kfreebsd/bits)

Hi Guillem,

Guillem Jover wrote:
> In any case here's the patches I've prepared to send upstream. Only
> build tested, though.

Thanks for this.

Patch 1 would have been a good workaround for Debian sid, if Andreas
had accepted it, but I don't think it should be permanent or go
upstream.  I don't like to special-case kfreebsd in code except in
places we really have to, and it's actually wrong for FreeBSD <= 9
(though they're not a user of util-linux).

Patches 2 and 3 look good to go upstream as they benefit other systems
not having fcntl.h or F_DUPFD_CLOEXEC (and older kfreebsd).  They make
patch 1 unnecessary?

I tested your fallback code and it is working (duplicates the fd and
sets FD_CLOEXEC).  Without F_DUPFD_CLOEXEC I get a compiler warning
about unused lowfd, but that doesn't really matter here.

Steven Chamberlain
steven@pyro.eu.org