Re: [Glibc-bsd-commits] r5714 - trunk/glibc-ports/kfreebsd/bits

Dear Glibc Maintainers,

Please try to upload the http://bugs.debian.org/785796 bugfix to sid as
soon as possible, and it would really help us out.  Thanks.

Christoph Egger wrote:
> I understand the thing below is the intended fix for util-linux? Is
> there some planned timeline to get it into unstable? We're not building
> anything currently for as long as util-linux isn't updated so one might
> want to push a little

Yes, this is intended to fix the current util-linux FTBFS.  Something
crazy is going on with that, but adding this patch to glibc would be a
way to resolve the current issue on kfreebsd.

I think util-linux might still need binNMUs by a porter to get our
buildds working again.  (So in theory one could apply this glibc patch
locally, to binNMU util-linux, but I think that'd be against the rules
if the change isn't in sid).

> stevenc-guest@alioth.debian.org writes:
> > Author: stevenc-guest
> > Date: 2015-05-24 14:00:19 +0000 (Sun, 24 May 2015)
> > New Revision: 5714
> >
> > Modified:
> >    trunk/glibc-ports/kfreebsd/bits/fcntl.h
> > Log:
> > provide F_DUPFD_CLOEXEC of POSIX.1-2008, implemented in kfreebsd-10

Steven Chamberlain
steven@pyro.eu.org