Re: eudev

Hi Svante,

Svante Signell wrote:
> I have a kfreebsd image in qemu, currently not running (being a little
> lazy). Do kfreebsd use eudev/udev, or something else for creating
> devices?

/dev is devfs;  I think the kernel handles creation of nodes all by
itself.  There's the userland devfs tool allowing to fine-tune that.

Also there's devd for receiving events in userland when things happen,
e.g. network interface comes up (then we trigger ifup, for interfaces
marked with "allow-hotplug");  or when a disk or other device gets
attached, and many other kinds of events too, like from ACPI.

Steven Chamberlain
steven@pyro.eu.org