Re: Plan B for kfreebsd

* Steven Chamberlain (steven@pyro.eu.org) [141110 23:10]:
> Petr Salinger wrote:
> >
> > It is unclear, what we have to duplicate. Do we stay in testing ?
>
> I'd like to know this as soon as possible as it affects our planning.
> Thanks.
>
> If we don't stay in testing, we'd at least want to archive off the
> last-built kfreebsd packages before they are deleted...

That sounds sensible. As you want to do an unofficial release, I think
we should coordinate so that this doesn't create unnecessary
additional efforts.

I don't know how the others feel about, when should kbsd be removed
from testing? That would give some impression how fast this should be
done.

> But certainly for unofficial releases, a supplemental repository would
> be great for us.  We can bypass usual freeze policy to fix bugs we think
> are important, which may not have got an unblock.

I'd replace that with "that allows to have an freeze policy centered
around kbsd".

Andi