Re: Final kfreebsd-10 upload before freeze?

Hi!

Christoph Egger wrote:
> How is the release doing? Which channels do you actually use to get the
> RC and Release revisions before I can find them anywhere on the net?

Oh, I have this hourly cron script email me when a new release is tagged
in upstream SVN:

| REVISION="10.1"
| BRANCH=$(wget -qO- \
|  "http://svnweb.freebsd.org/base/releng/$REVISION/sys/conf/newvers.sh?view=co"; \
|  | grep ^BRANCH= \
|  | cut -d '=' -f2 \
|  | tr -d '"')
| if [ "$BRANCH" != "RC4-p1" ]; then
|     echo "New FreeBSD version:  ${REVISION}-${BRANCH}"
| fi

> Seems like the kernel so far only got the setlogin fix since RC4 /
> unstable so far (at least according to git log).

Appears so, also according to:
http://www.freshbsd.org/search?project=freebsd&q=file.name%3Areleng%2F10.1%2Fsys
or http://svnweb.freebsd.org/base/releng/10.1/sys/?sortby=date

Typically nothing in the kernel changes at all from the last RC to final
release, except the version number.  I guess the release has been
delayed a few days by that setlogin fix.  Before they start building, we
should see it copied to here:
http://svnweb.freebsd.org/base/release/?sortby=date

Steven Chamberlain
steven@pyro.eu.org