Re: A small thanks to the kFreeBSD porters

On Tue, Nov 04, 2014 at 20:41:44 +0000, Steven Chamberlain wrote:
> Hi Tino,
>
> Tino Mettler wrote:
> > I also was bugged by a sockopt related FTBFS on kFreeBSD last weekend.
>
> Which package is that?  I didn't notice anything like that on
> buildd status pages.

Hi,

the package was syncevolution.

> > I tried my luck on #debian-kbsd which I was pointed to on a wiki page.
> > It was rather silent, though.
>
> I personally don't use IRC much;  if nobody is around to answer
> questions there, please send a note to debian-bsd@lists.debian.org

The exact problem was this build failure:

https://buildd.debian.org/status/fetch.php?pkg=syncevolution&arch=kfreebsd-amd64&ver=1.4.99.4-1&stamp=1414299789

I don't know if SOCK_CLOEXEC is just unavailable on Debian/kFreeBSD (as
stock FreeBSD seems to support it), or if different includes are
required.

I fixed it with a workaround [1], but I'd be happy to replace this with
a fix that doesn't need an additional code path.

Regards,
Tino

[1]
http://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/collab-maint/syncevolution.git/commit/?h=patch-queue/upstream