Re: possibility of jessie-kfreebsd suite

Hi,

Christoph Egger <christoph@debian.org> writes:
>   I was told you would be supportive of an unofficial kfreebsd jessie
> release and willing to add a suite for that. Guess I write here what I
> think would be best from our point of view and you tell me if I'm crazy
> or not:
>
>  + There would be a jessie-kfreebsd thing next to the "normal" jessie
>    with kfreebsd folks responsible for
>  + Ideally that jessie-kfreebsd thing would exist as soon as possible so
>    we can do our release preparations there

I think we can setup a jessie-kfreebsd suite. I guess it should

 - just accept uploads (provided versions are greater-equal testing)
 - contain just 3 archs: all, kfreebsd-{i386,amd64}
 - have no extra policy queues, and
 - share overrides with jessie.

Uploads should probably include a specific suffix to avoid version
clashes with the offical release (for source and arch:all packages).

>  + Ideally -release@ would accept us in testing as long as possible
>    (without any blocking characteristics there) and we copy everything
>    that is not superseeded in jessie-kfreebsd there rather late

Well, kfreebsd is still in testing for now ;)

> The last point of course depends on what release thinks of it and the
> implications for them. And I have no idea if it's reasonably easy for
> you to do a copy everything apart from the things we already uploaded
> separately.

Copying everything from testing should not be too complicated if we only
need to do so once.

Ansgar