Re: kfreebsd-i386 wont honor eject from the command line; requires button

The reason for the three operating systems on the same hard drive (FreeBSD 10.0, Debian kfreebsd-i386, Debian vanilla i386) is to eventually migrate to a root-on-zfs with Debian kfreebsd-i386.

I should emphasize that this behavior occurs when  I''m running Debian kfreebsd-i386. That's why the bug submission puts kfreebsd-i386 in the title.

The behavior is normal with the Linux kernel. Under the vanilla Linux kernel, the command line: eject /dev/cdrom ejects the tray with the DVD.

There is something wrong regarding the kfreebsd-i386 eject command . Either eject isn't supposed to work and I should be using something else, or there is a bug in the eject executable thats sending the wrong ioctl to the Freebsd kernel.

I'll download the xorriso program and use scp to copy it to the Debian kfreebsd-i386 system. It will be a useful test. Look for an email tomorrow.