Re: kFreeBSD future

On 22:48, Christoph Egger wrote:
> vlc also seems to randomly die

Try moving this file out of the way - seems to work for me:
/usr/lib/vlc/plugins/misc/libxdg_screensaver_plugin.so

It always seems to happen 30-40 seconds in.  ktrace showed the
screensaver inhibitor running around that time.

If xdg-utils is installed, it may fork something like
`xscreensaver-command -deactivate`, and probably keep doing that
every 30 seconds.  Even if it's not installed, it still crashes
around the time the xdg_screensaver_plugin thread is active.

Well actually, a totally clean shutdown, with configuration files and
playlist saved first, and no clues in the --verbose 2 output except:

[0x604358] main libvlc debug: removing all interfaces
[0x604358] main libvlc debug: exiting
...etc.

I'll make sure to test latest VLC from unstable before I file a bug.
(This was jessie 2.1.5-1).

Steven Chamberlain
steven@pyro.eu.org