Re: Installing Debian GNU/kFreeBSD in a VirtualBox yields Fatal trap 12: page fault while in kernel mode

Steven Chamberlain <steven@pyro.eu.org> writes:
> Hello,
>
> On 19/09/14 09:30, Ludovic Brenta wrote:
>> kernel trap 12 with interrupts disabled
>
> FWIW issues like this have been seen from time to time in some versions
> of VirtualBox that were not reproducible in Qemu or on real hardware.
> So there is the possibility of a VirtualBox bug or misconfiguration.
>
> This would more likely be an actual bug in the FreeBSD kernel's drivers
> for some device that VirtualBox emulates.

I'm now sureit must be a bug in kFreeBSD 10 because I have now
successfully booted kFreeBSD 9 from the "Wheezy" netinst iso image and I
am now installing the base system in it (I plan to upgrade it to
unstable while retaining kFreeBSD 9).

Here is a screenshot of the failure; unfortunately some other error
messages scrolled past the screen and I don't know how to retrieve them.
I hope someone can make sense of it.

> FWIW just one thing I remember is, VirtualBox chooses different settings
> (and icon), depending whether the name given to the container contains
> the string "debian" (then it assumes Linux) or otherwise the string
> "freebsd".

I did specify BSD as the type of virtual machine.

--
Ludovic Brenta.