Re: failed kfreebsd-amd64 build of libsbml 5.10.0+dfsg-1

On 16/09/14 23:19, Andreas Tille wrote:
> The problematic lines are
>
> [100%] Generate Java-API Documentation
> gcj-4.9: warning: already-compiled .class files ignored with -C
> /«BUILDDIR»/libsbml-5.10.0+dfsg/docs/src/SBMLDoclet.java:112: error: The import com cannot be resolved
> 	import com.sun.tools.doclets.standard.Standard;
> 	       ^^^
> /«BUILDDIR»/libsbml-5.10.0+dfsg/docs/src/SBMLDoclet.java:113: error: The import com cannot be resolved
> 	import com.sun.tools.javadoc.Main;
> 	       ^^^
>

> Any idea why these Java classes do not exist on BSD?

Hi,

Those classes are probably specific to openjdk-7, whereas we build with
gcj now.

Per Java policy, I believe a package may only build-depend on
default-jdk, and for a short while, kfreebsd had openjdk-7 as default.
That had to be reverted to gcj, which probably caused the regression
seen here.

Whilst I'd love to see openjdk-7 become the kfreebsd default-jdk again
in time for jessie, I can't guarantee it can happen in time.  Therefore,
you may have to request ftp-master removal of libsbml from kfreebsd?  Sorry.

Steven Chamberlain
steven@pyro.eu.org