Re: -bsd@ stuff to do during DebConf?

Hi,

On 27.08.2014 02:36, Steven Chamberlain wrote:
[...]
> We could always use more testing of new features for jessie:
> * KMS
> * IPSEC
> * the new MATE desktop?

I have recently had the chance to try out MATE on my Thinkpad X200 with
kfreebsd-amd64.

All in all I didn't notice any major issues except one. At the moment it
is impossible to reboot or shutdown the system from the menu or the
display manager, lightdm in this case.

I suppose this is https://bugs.debian.org/744264 and kfreebsd is still
affected by it. Since systemd is not available for kfreebsd, it would
probably make sense to compile mate-session-manager not only for
wheezy-backports with "--without-systemd" but also for kfreebsd-* in
general.

Did anyone have similar experiences with reboot/shutdown or did I miss
something? If not I could reopen the bug report and provide some
assistance with testing a possible fix.

Regards,

Markus